Sunday, February 17, 2008

Smooth Like Butter

I fell into a snowbank last night. Once it's light I may well take a picture of the dent I made.
I was walking to the car to drive Emily home after a lovely visit this afternoon. Push the button to unlock the car (that's way more fun after it hasn't worked for a while!) Em gets in, and I go to the driver's side, where I cleverly discover a patch of ice, and promptly bit the dust - or the snow, as it were. I was a bit stunned!
I look up to see a man in the back of a cab totally rubbernecking at me. Thank you sir. Drive on.
Em gets out of the car. "Are you okay? I heard a squeak, and then you were gone!" A squeak. I am dignity personified, I tell ya.
I brushed off my butt and my pride and dug my keys out of the snow, then got in to drive Em home. In her driveway, I checked my purse for some reason, and realized that my wallet was not in it. Hm, uncool.
I pulled into my wee parking spot at home, and checked the snowbank for my wallet. Hm, there's the hole from my keys, the not insignificant butt print...but no wallet. My eyes go a bit further, and I see it. In the road. It had come open, and my credit cards and the like were scattered all over the street. I'd been gone about 10 minutes.
I may not be terribly suave - but at least I'm lucky!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You were totally lucky to find it!!!

Vanessa said...

This sounds like something I would do! You were incredibly lucky to find your wallet, even if it was strewn about the street. Hopefully not too sore from falling.

Anonymous said...

I have to apologize for cracking up, but the "I heard a squeak, and then you were gone!" gave me a huge laugh!

I'm glad you're alright and that you found your wallet! I'm sorry you're sore... =[

Laura said...

hehe daft mare! :)