EIGHT THINGS FOR WHICH I HAVE PASSION:
- God. Saviour, Healer, best friend, I Am. He is everything to me, truly. God is the reason I sing, the reason I write, and most importantly, the reason I somehow manage to drag my sorry butt out of bed in the mornings.
- Family. My sisters and I are so incredibly different but I wouldn't trade what we have for anything in the world. And you got my thoughts on Mum a couple weeks ago. The Gs, Mum's parents...love 'em like crazy. The rest of the fam, well that's more driving me crazy, but hey. ;-)
- Songwriting. I've never thought that I was particularly amazing at it, but it's an incredible way to express myself, and say things I could somehow never otherwise articulate.
- Music. Though it often converges with the previous item, listening to and playing music is a joy all its own. It's been way too long before I sat at a piano, and I really, really need to remedy that. Melodramatic as it sounds, I don't think my soul is quite right without it.
- Horses. It may have been a few years since I had my own, but if the Equine Facilitated Mental Health Workshop a couple weeks ago taught me anything (and it did, ohhh it did!), it reminded me precisely why I love horses. They're beautiful and majestic, but earthy and gentle and compassionate and intuitive, and, well, this sentence could run on forever ;-)
- Children. I love kids. There was a sign in the nursery before we started renovating at the church that said, "Babies are such a nice way to start people." I concur! And even though there are definitely the less charming moments, I think overall, children are so amazing with their generosity of love and vivacity!
- "My" Kids. The kids I work with at the daycare are an eclectic mix coming from a variety of backgrounds, but I see such amazing potential in all of them. Obviously, they're the coolest kids ever and I'm not the least bit biased :-P
- Food. Not always the healthiest passion for me, but I love to cook and to eat! I'll try anything once but I definitely have my favourites. Mostly, I love to invite a friend over and just go totally crazy making them something utterly delicious!
EIGHT THINGS I’D LIKE TO DO BEFORE I DIE:
- Spend Christmas in Paris. And if I can manage it, not speak a word of English the entire time. (Could be tricky if I end up having a hubby who's a francophobe, but we'll see haha.)
- Write a novel. Even if it sucks, I want to finish one.
- Record a CD. (Okay, I'd like to do this before the end of the year. Finish the blasted thing!)
- Get my Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology. (Again, not so much the death timeline, let's say more like next 7 years.)
- Take a photography class.
- Run a marathon or half-marathon. Be fit enough to do so without lions, tigers and bears chasing me.
- Go on a sailing trip, at least a long weekend.
- Visit every continent.
EIGHT THINGS I SAY A LOT:
- "I said no. If you do that again, there will be a consequence." (Huh? I don't work at a daycare, really :P )
- "Le Sigh"
- "You're so cute. How'd you get so cute? Who'd you bribe?" (To the cat. Ima dork.)
- "Walking feet please!"
- "Ugh. I need to do dishes."
- "I fail at life."
- "I win at life!" (not remotely mercurial.)
- "I love you."
EIGHT BOOKS I HAVE READ RECENTLY:
- Shopgirl - Steve Martin
- The Big Bad Wolf Tells All - Donna Kauffman
- Gods in Alabama - Joshilyn Jackson (in progress)
- Hard to Handle - Lori Foster
- The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger (Also in progress.)
- Thigh High - Christina Dodd
- Sucker Bet - Erin McCarthy
- Bones to Ashes - Kathy Reichs
EIGHT MOVIES I HAVE SEEN EIGHT TIMES:
- Sweet Home Alabama - "So I can kiss you anytime I want!"
- The Princess Bride - "You keep saying that word. I don't think it means what you think it means."
- The Shawshank Redemption - "The funny thing is - on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook."
- Lord of the Rings - "Fool. No man can kill me." Eowyn removes her helmet, runs the Nazgül through. "I am no man."
- The Lion King - "Doesn't matter, it's in the past!" "Yeah, but it still hurts!"
- Forrest Gump - "Me and Jenny goes together like peas and carrots."
- Monty Python's The Quest for the Holy Grail - "You're not my king! I didn't vote for you!"
- Finding Nemo - "This is the Ocean, silly, we're not the only two in here."
EIGHT PEOPLE WHO SHOULD DO THIS MEME: