Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Cleaning House

I want to get that last post pushed a bit down the page, even though ya'll seem to like commenting on it! ;-)
I'm feeling better since I wrote that, anyhow. Our girls' care group helped me perk up a bit...pretty amazing group of women there. I actually had a new friend of mine offer to do my dishes for me, since I told her that unlike a lot of depressed people, I still shower, dress, do my makeup...but I let my house get pretty bad. I've already had my dear Emily (the dear Emily who is not actually my sister...) come and help, too. But wow, what a blessing good friends are.
In other slightly less cheery news, I'm fairly sure I'm going to have to drop one of my classes. I'll still have three, which means I still qualify as full time and it won't cause any problems with student loans or anything. And considering I'm already a few credits ahead, I'll still graduate on track with no problem. But I'm still disappointed in myself. I know I probably jumped the gun, hoping I could handle four courses. And though I've always loved the quote, "Man's reach should exceed his grasp." I'm afraid it just didn't work for me this time around.
So I start over again, mentally, reassuring myself that I *can* do this, and I will.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Dude, you might be disappointed in yourself now but you shouldn't be. Its a far bigger person who recognise's their limits and does something about it, than the person who struggles on anyway. Doing just the 3 courses will allow you to focus on them more and you'll have more time just for 'you'. It'll be beneficial all round.

You will do it, and you'll ace it all I'll bet.

zoot said...

Dropping a class was always tough on me!

Anonymous said...

You can do it, and you will. You said it best right there, chica.


I miss talking to you, and I heart you. Hopefully I'll catch you around the internet lands soooon.
<3