Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Day 9: Letting Go

Today's 30 Days of Truth topic is "Someone you didn't want to let go, but just drifted apart...". The trouble is, I don't feel particularly comfortable talking about any in specific - because it's less of a drift than a case of being cut loose from the raft unwillingly - and there have just been so many, jettisoned or otherwise . I have a hard time accepting the adage that some friends are "for a season", and at this point in my life, when I've just moved and haven't had the time or emotional energy and motivation to find new friends, I don't really want to think about those I've lost.

I'd rather say that I'm thankful for those I had for whatever season was meant, and look forward to meeting new ones in the future. Sure, it's a blogging cop-out, but it's where I'm at, and that's what Truth is all about. Also, I'm exhausted. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Jen Wilson said...

I definitely can relate to the just-moving-don't-want-to-make-friends thing.

I hope you find some stellar ones. :)