Monday, November 06, 2006

Planning and Photog

I had a meeting this morning with Doug Perry, the producer and owner of the recording studio I'll be working with for my album. I played through my rough set of songs, and he grotesquely overused the word "sweet." Still, if someone's going to repeat a word gratuitously while hearing your songs for the first time, it's certainly better than "nice" or "hmm..." or "interesting", or even "you suck" although a suppose that last one is more of a phrase than a word.
I played about twelve songs for him, and managed to snag Mike for five minutes to help me sing the one duet (No Greater Love) and we chose which songs we'd begin with when recording. When we got to the last one, and I finished, Doug asked me how I felt about that particular song. I replied (verbosely,) "Meh." Him: "Yeah, it shows." Ouch! And yet, very useful, because now I know I don't want that song on the album. Since I was having trouble narrowing it down, it was quite beneficial.
After the meeting with Doug, I gave Robyn a ring (heh alliteration) as she'd asked me to help her with her headshots. We found a neutral background (the wall outside of Winners) and snapped away. She seemed very happy with the way they came out, which in turn made me rather happy myself. You can see them here.
However, the one on the left is kind of my favorite. I took it as we were wandering through WalMart - searching for replacement earring backs, which we both lose with alarming regularity. We found a bin full of plush licensed characters...and Robyn went straight for the Superman. She's always had a bit of a thing for Clark Kent look-alikes...
After a long wait in line for the photos, I took Rob to youth, then went over to Pam and Brent's to watch Heroes. Are you watching Heroes? If not, why? Do you hate television? Do you have something against adorable Japanese men who stop time and then exult over it? Because Hiro's really cute. Where else on prime time network television can you see people fly!? Love. Truly.
Now, it's nearly midnight and I'm about to turn into a pumpkin, so I'm going to finish watching Headlines, then hit the sack. Sleep well, my pretties.
PS - (I never go to bed when I want to) - via the aforementioned (and much-mentioned) Robyn...

4 comments:

Chantaloupe? said...

Heather you take such fabulous pictures!! Well it helps also when you have a ridiculously gorgeous model :) Robyn, you're such a seductress!! And I love those shoes!! Well that was really fun. And I've never even heard of .ogg what kind of extension is that?? I'll google it I guess. Thanks for posting-always such a pleasure to read about you!

Chantaloupe? said...

Oh and I'm so excited for your cd's progress!!! And ya, honesty can hurt but I'm so proud of you for seeing the blessing it was that he said that-I'm just so excited to hear it, cannot waaaait.

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures of Robyn. Good job!

Ben said...

Cool beans, good luck in the studio.

Cheers