Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Directions


W
Originally uploaded by muirnait
In May, I don't really know where I'm going to go. I'm hoping to be done my degree. I'm trying so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My concert is coming up in a week and a half and I'm not feeling ready at all! I've also kept busy putting up the website and making the song clips for the discography page (finding free software, ripping my master copy, learning how to use the software, fade in, fade out...having the computer crash every time it accidentally became unplugged - a lot of words I shouldn't say and shouts of frustration!) My friend Emily did a fantastic job on the artwork, but had to step back before it was 100% of school commitments, so I had to learn how to use Adobe Illustrator very, very quickly! Thank goodness for Adobe's free 30 day trials :)
The next couple weeks will involve even more concert prep, trying to get people to come out! Also, those of you are so inclined, please pray that the physical production of the CDs goes off without any hitches and gets here in time!!
I'll be working to keep on top of school, which can be very demanding, of course. My house reflects the craziness in my life! But I've got to keep slogging on, meeting my big goals!
After May, I'll head to the Island for a while, unless some brilliant job pops up here. Hopefully there will be something good there! I'm praying to find something related to the mental health field to improve my chances of getting into grad school, for a Masters in Psychology to work with children and youth in mental health counseling. It just seems so ridiculously far away...gotta remind myself to keep on going in the right direction!

PS - today, I am thankful for flickr and all the friends to whom it introduced me!

1 comment:

Tirzah said...

You have so much going on in your life right now, so much to be thankful for. I'm excited for your concert and I'm happy that you'll soon be done with school and will have a few to relax and look back at all your accomplishments.

Just keep swimming! ;)