Friday, November 02, 2007

About That Time

So it's November again and I am embarking on the ambitious task of posting every day. It's a tad daunting, as I doubt that I have anything interesting or relevant to say, but that's never stopped me before, so :P (This is probably why I shouldn't write in the mornings - less coherent than usual, even!)
Other than the new haircut, there's not really much going on. Yesterday, I helped Pam with a craft project (glue sticks and scissors and markers, oh my!) which was fun, had a seminar (as exciting as you'd expect) and attended a funeral, at which I sang in the choir. It was good to sing again, and to be part of something.
I think it was the most uplifting funeral I've ever attended. It was very much a celebration of her life. I didn't know her well, but I liked her, and liked what I heard about her from those who loved her. It was about hope, and faith, and a life well lived. I was more encouraged by this memorial service than I have been by church itself in a long time, and I'm very thankful for that. The lady had style, and there were jokes about St. Peter meeting her at the pearly gates with the latest Prada handbag. There was more to her, though, and a substance that ran deeper than style, and that's what was so inspiring. That was the beauty that chemo's baldness simply could not touch.
So thanks, M, for a life well lived, and leaving behind loved ones who would so touch my heart with their words. Thank you for the encouragement to face one more day, and another after it, and the picture of what a truly beautiful woman of God looks like. Thank you.

No comments: