Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bah Humbug

The Christmas rush seems to start earlier and earlier every year, doesn't it? It's been entirely homogenized with American Thanksgiving into the "Holiday Season" and seems to jump ahead even of Halloween in the retail market. I swear, pretty soon it'll be "Only 11 months 'til Christmas - get your deals now!"
But really, why should it bother me? Sure, it's vastly commercialized and all, and the door crasher sales bring out the Scrooge in everyone, but the over-arching feeling is still one of goodwill, isn't it?
You know, I thought that was why I'm cranky, but I could be wrong. Maybe it's the dead sexy remains of pinkeye, or the piece of glass that I can't seem to get out of my foot, or that I've been cold for like three weeks with no sign of relief until May. Perhaps it's the skin around my mouth that's so dry that it really, really hurts when I smile. Or maybe I just miss my mommy :P And yes, I fully realize the irony of this post after the last couple, and I do not that really I am very lucky, but the daily posting means even when I don't feel like it, even when I'm cranky. So, where was I? Oh yeah. Bah humbug. :-P

1 comment:

Laura said...

I hate Christmas myself. The whole 'Holiday Season' in fact. Would much rather do without it.