Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Out of the House

Yup, that's right, I actually left the house for something other than a group project. Although I can't say it wasn't school related! Tonight was the Psych Department's annual social/mixer thingamajig. (I love, absolutely love, that thingamajig is considered a word by Spell Check.)
Now, am I the only one whose feet feel completely inverted after a night of wearing heels?
It was fun, even though I didn't know many people other than the profs. My project partners are good for a laugh, if nothing else. And it's surprisingly fun to sing Eric Clapton while your Theories of Personality prof plays guitar. Who knew!
Also, because Meg, one of my project partners, heard me sing earlier today, she insisted I get up for the open mic. Since I could not find one bit of common taste (other than the Eric Clapton to which I didn't know all the words) I ended up picking something with a whole three chords so I could manage to accompany myself! I was told by one of my profs that she used to play and sing it - I chose "Leaving on a Jet Plane." Hey, it's easy! 70s folk usually is. People actually stopped talking to listen, and I got some friendly applause after, so it was quite fun.
The very first thing I did when I got in my car was put in my Eric Clapton "Unplugged" CD. Wow, that is a fantastic album - and I'm more than happy to have a reminder to listen to it again! Other things to be happy for? An actual chance to leave the house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE leaving on a jet plane! lol Eric C. kinda annoys me...but I'm not sure why. I'll find myself singing along, you know how that goes, but generally I just really don't care much for him. Now that you hate me, I'll go. HAHA!